Monday 8 August 2011

Indulging myself in Harry Potter

So if you know me at all you'll know I'm a big Harry Potter fan.  (And I'm ever so envious of Rachael at Island Girl Insights who has actually been to the HP theme park!!!)

Since the last film came out I've pretty much constantly been obsessing about HP.  It's probably not healthy but I don't have a job so it's doing a good job of filling up my days.  I've been doing everything from reading the books and watching the films to re-playing Lego Harry Potter Year 1-4. (Must. Get. 100%!!!)

Then last week was the release of the Magical Quill Clues which granted you early access to Pottermore.  I managed to be one of the lucky few who registered on the very first day so hopefully won't be waiting for my welcome email for too long!  *fingers crossed*

Anyway to celebrate my 21st birthday last week (YAAAY!) I decided to experiment with some Harry Potter related recipes I found here a few weeks ago.

I made Acid Pops, Liquorice Wands, Butterbeer and Cauldron Cakes.


That's a picture of my cauldron cakes without their handles.  Aren't they adorable?!?!  I'm making a video where I talk about everything birthday related so I'll be posting that soon, where you get to see completed Cauldron Cakes!  With handles and EDIBLE GLITTER!

I have to say they were surprisingly simple to make and were delicious!  You can find the recipe for these here.  (Looks at how cute they look with the handles!!!!)  I substituted buttercream for the filling as it's hard to find marshmallow fluff over here and I really couldn't be bothered making my own.

I will post more birthday happenings once all the birthday happenings have happened...  In other words I've not been to my parents yet so will put the video up once I've seen them and all by birthday things have finished!

DFTBA!


P.S. DFTBA = don't forget to be awesome.  I think you should all check out Vlogbrothers.



1 comment:

  1. Wow they look so cute. I might go home and make some of those! Were they yum??? xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...