Thursday 8 September 2011

Oh Cumbria.


Why is your weather so bi-polar?  Today we've had torrential rain, beautiful sun and blue skies and then more torrential rain.

I do love it here though.  I love the fact that when I met up with a friend from school this summer we could walk for 10 minutes and be at a gorgeous cool river, which we proceeded to paddle in.  


I love that, if I have enough time, I can take a walk through a park/field to get to university (it's called a park but most of the time there are cows living there).  I love the fact that I feel safe, all the time!  I love the fact that I can live happily in the town centre and the only thing that wakes me up is deliveries to the shops, not drunk people and sirens.  Most of all I love the people that I've met here (this isn't including my boyfriend who, obviously, is pretty much the most important person in my life right now).  There's a special few who I know have changed my life forever and I hope that I can keep them in my life for many years to come.

(Love this girl.  Probably more than is healthy.)

I totally didn't mean this to turn into a sentimental post...  But I kinda like it.  If you ever get the chance to come to Cumbria please make sure to see more than the Lakes.  There are some beautiful towns and people up here.

"Some days, it seems to me like the purpose of life is to convert energy into beauty." - Hank Green




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...