Sunday 27 November 2011

80th post.

Wow...  I could practically make a book out of all my ramblings.  Though I don't think anyone would buy the ramblings of a mad student who likes Harry Potter too much.  Ah well!

I've been thinking a lot lately about the people surrounding me.  All big characters with something different to say, thrusting their supposed originality and uniqueness in your face.  That's what you get for going to art school I guess.

(Emos, hipsters, rockers.  You're all as bad as each other!  Source)

Six years ago I was 15, studying for GCSEs and obsessed with everything and anything typically "rock". The music, bands, image, the whole thing.  I'd have killed to have a group of friends who I thought looked cool.  Looking back this all seems so utterly ridiculous to me now.  Right now at university I'm surrounded by those kind of people who I wanted to be friends with back then.  They're not all I thought they were.  In fact most of their attitudes suck, big time.

I'm obviously making a massive generalisation here and basically saying that anyone who looks typically rockerish has a bad attitude.  If you have an ounce of brain left in your head then you'll know that clearly this isn't true.  What I have found in my personal experience though is that the ones who turn to that sort of music and have that kind of image tend to have deep personal problems.  And not always ones you want to know about.

Obviously there is always the exception to that rule.  Enter one of my closest friends Jodie.


She's a goth.  Yes she wears lots of dark colours.  No she is not depressed.  At all.  Would a depressed person do an interpretive fly dance?  Complete with buzzing sound effects?  Or speak in a hilarious Russian accent?  She's probably one of the silliest and happiest people I've ever met.  Which is why I love her!!!  A fit of giggles is never far away when I spend time with Jodie.  For instance, we recently went to see a production of the Mikado at uni.  Jodie had never encountered the Mikado before, it's really quite racist and bizarre, and in the car journey home she came to the conclusion that "IT'S ALL FUCKING TITS AND POO!".  This will mean nothing to you if you don't know the Mikado so check out the Wikipedia page please before you think it's something kinkier than it actually is!

Anyway that's basically what's been going on in my head recently.  I'm going to stop talking about it and how much I love Jodie because I don't want her head getting too big to fit through doors.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...